Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Continuous WiFi issues Hub 4

Had a new hub 4 in September. Ever since install we have had problems with both the signal dropping out (sometime up to 10 times a day) and when it is working we have problems with signal strength. Never had these issues with the previous hub.
We are currently working from home and it is causing serious problems. 
We have tried factory resetting, we have to reboot every time it drops out. We cannot get hold of anyone of the phone to report the issue and are directed to the app where they can’t run diagnostics on the hub 4. I even saw a Virgin engineer in the street and went to speak to him, and still not got any support. Engineer said might be an issue with the cable running up to house but need to call Virgin. Never had a problem with previous hub. No idea how I get this resolved but we are paying for services that we are not receiving. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous WiFi issues Hub 4

First check all cabling is seated correctly and nice and tight.

What are wired connections and speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've just got Hub 4 and have issues with WiFi dropping out and poor WiFi range. VM support is pretty hopeless, but I managed to get a booster after 4 days of trying (including 11 iterations with their super-duper new messaging BOT). It's a shame the CONNECT app is incompatible with Hub 4! I have now tried four or five times to set up the booster, but no joy!. I think I would go back to Hub 3 if I can' get this sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@jamiecrock wrote:

I've just got Hub 4 and have issues with WiFi dropping out and poor WiFi range. VM support is pretty hopeless, but I managed to get a booster after 4 days of trying (including 11 iterations with their super-duper new messaging BOT). It's a shame the CONNECT app is incompatible with Hub 4! I have now tried four or five times to set up the booster, but no joy!. I think I would go back to Hub 3 if I can' get this sorted.

Please start your own thread.

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren’t part of your contract or speed guarantee.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos