cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuing dropouts - due to "improving" the network in our area

mattchurchill
On our wavelength

We are continuing to get at least one or two dropouts of wifi in our area - on the occasions I can be bothered to call VM, there's often a message saying that they're improving the network in our area.

I work from home, so it can be very frustrating if it drops when I'm in the middle of a Zoom call or something similar.

Does anyone else have the same experience?  Call me cynical but I'm wondering if it's just some sort of catch-all message.  When I get the hub checked remotely, I'm told it always looks good but that's as by the time I get through, it's sorted!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @mattchurchill. Glad to have been able to help with this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattchurchill,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having intermittent issues with your service. We can understand the frustration caused when working from home and we want to do our best to help. I have had a look into this and I can see some issues with your hub data. To best help, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thanks Akua, I’ll look out for it.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @mattchurchill. Glad to have been able to help with this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

@Akua_A, engineer came yesterday and looked at it all and decided it was a faulty Hub 3, so replaced it.  That seemed to work great straight off the bat, but then last night download speeds were down to around 3mb and for a while.  Today we've been experiencing some issues again with speeds and web pages taking ages to load - again somewhat intermittently.  I've reset the hub a couple of times so am hoping that helps.  Going to give it a day or two and if it doesn;t improve I'm going to split the bands out and see if that helps at all.  Otherwise, I am not sure what the issue is as th technician changed the connections, checked the speed into the hub etc etc, but it is super frustrating

I'm also struggling to connect to the new Hub on the Connect app, although I know that's had some issues, so may be totoally unrelated.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mattchurchill,

Thanks for your update. I'm sorry to hear you've been having some problems since. How have things been since your post? Are you still experiencing this intermittent issues?

In regard to the Connect App, can you please try uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

@Reece_MH we are still seeing some speed issues.  We’ve not yet had any issues where we can’t get online at all, just really slow speeds at times - occasionally unable to run a Speedtest or get the Connect app to work.  It is only intermittent and I’ve not yet split out the bands, due to the hassle to do it and getting everything back online.  I’m going to see how it goes over the next couple of days.

As for the connect app, I’ve finally got that loaded - had to delete about a dozen times before it worked I’d say

@Reece_MH today has been a similar story, only showing aroud 8/9mb download this morning for around 30 mins or so.  No rhyme nor reason to when it's good or bad and that lack of consistency really is the biggest challenge - for example I was supposed to have a Teams call this morning and couldn't get that to work at the toime - then 40 mins later it was fine.

Hello mattchurchill.

Thank you for your last message.

Has anything improved since Friday?

Gareth_L