cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually messing about

annboleyn
On our wavelength

Why does Virgin keep messing their home page about? One time I click direct on email at top right and go direct, another time I get request for full login and then 'OOps sorry your time has expired!' Another time I have to scroll down a page for my Virgin Media, click and scroll further for email box which changes position all the time!!! Really annoying and time wasting

46 REPLIES 46

So, quick to 'edit' a post that DID NOT contain 'inappropriate language' (unless VM have now gone 'woke' to the extreme!) 

Yet not quite so quick to fix the problem affecting paying customers!!  🤠

Virgin media website is fixed for now, 08.15- 20/05/2022

The virgin web site was working last night and this morning,so I hope it lasts.

There have been some layout changes, but  the menu is working Ok and account details and email are both working.

Virgin did had an official message last night on the community saying the web site had had problems.

alf28

Back into VM account at 14.30- password has changed.

The account details have changed and the password can now be upto 64 digits long  but it does not say if that includes special characters,

I set my password to 16 digits, previously only 10 allowed, the strength indicated intermediate.

The web site must have been updating to this new system, so was down for a short while.

This is a good oppertunity to change the VM password to a stronger one at last, with better security given by a longer password.

alf28

SECONDARY EMAILS-changed

The VM contact email addess is no longer available to choose in secondary email accounts, it defaults to the secondary email address, so is not as secure regarding passsword recovery and getting locked out. (so is this a mistake that needs correcting?)

The VM primary email still has the option to choose a VM contact email address

NOTE- the thread sequence was changed my post 23 removed , so post 24 became 23 and also a forum message appeared and went and my post regarding password changes dissapeared then re-appeared??? I did print out the posts so know one post missing that was there yesterday.

Update- post 23 was moved for some reason and started as a new thread by the forum

see

Re: Continually messing about - Virgin Media Community - 5030853

alf28

Hey ALF28, thank you for the update regrading the emails. I am so sorry to hear you are still having issues with this. 

We have made some changes and improvement's to our website which did affect some customers from accessing there online account / emails at the time. 

I can also see you posted an update on the forum with some great news its all working, but I do agree with you Google Chrome seems to work the smoothest when accessing emails. 

If you need anything else please do let us know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

When I get that mesaage

'Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again'
which happens quite often these days, I find that clearing the browser cache works.

'Over the past week?' !!! - Over the past couple of years more like. When I enter 'My Virgin Media' as a search term, a number of different options for logging in are offered - all of them different. Why?

I use Firefox and have lately discovered that there seems to be some sort of difficulty with accessing Virgin media using Firefox. I could access my email using Google Chrome, but not by Fire fox where I kept getting the message

'Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again'

I eventually found that clearing the browser cache solved the problem - but this should not be necessary.
At all other times, i.e. even when I can successfully access my email account, I have to wait while the Virgin page half paints itself, then changes its mind and paints a different screen which the disappears and another screen is half painted only to be replaced by another. I frequently get told that the session has 'Timed out' only a couple of seconds after the login page comes up. I hate the Kapcha business which is very discriminatory against people who aren't familiar with American terms and pictures. I could go on.
The whole login process at Virgin is an amateurish mess and has been for a long time. People have been complaining for a long time but it only gets worse.

Out of curiosity I logged into my VM account using Firefox (102.0) on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. I navigated all over the website and everything worked.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Sure - the inability to access email is not a consistent problem that one can sort out for good, but it keeps cropping up. You sort it and then there's an 'update' of something and off we go again.

The virgin account page was not working last night but is ok this morning. (just the oops message coming up.)

This also locked out the email option, but I did find a way to bypass this, if you click on email in the virgin community page it usually logs direct into the email without needing to log into the VM account, worked for me last night to access email.

I often have difficulty logging on, and clearing the browsing data in settings usually cures this, but I use firefox, chrome and edge and can usually get at least one of them to work. The captcha is needed for security but the images can be poor at times.

The web site navigation does work and clicking home takes you to the main page and use of the back arrows is needed at times, it has improved but is still awkward to use and not all functions work yet.

I often find it hangs when logging in for ages unless you use the back/forward arrows and eventually click on home, then sign, the log on process seems to be flawed and long winded, almost as if they do not want you to log in, making it so hard.

I had even more serious problems when I was locked out completely from virgin media email  for 2 days running, virgin had locked all my emails and I had to do password resets (suspicious activity), what a nightmare recently.

alf28