cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually messing about

annboleyn
On our wavelength

Why does Virgin keep messing their home page about? One time I click direct on email at top right and go direct, another time I get request for full login and then 'OOps sorry your time has expired!' Another time I have to scroll down a page for my Virgin Media, click and scroll further for email box which changes position all the time!!! Really annoying and time wasting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ALF28
Super solver

NEW VIRIGN WEB SITE

I agree, the new virgin media web site makes it very difficult to find anything and then you can not exit pages without clicking home and going around in circles. Also takes you through several stages of log in and keeps asking to sign in again.

The login often fails and has been  reported many times recently with things like oops coming up or sting on logging in.

All  any web site needs is a simple menu bar at the top or left hand side which is on all pages to quickly navigate to any page.

The older website did do this, but this new web site design seems to make access to your account deliberately hard.

This may be due to integration with o2/volt services etc. Also the email is difficult to locate on the new web pages, the icon for email should be at the top as on the older website for quick access, not having to search for it with many clicks needed.

The design is overcomplicated, it needs to get back to a a basic functioning web site like it used to be.

I am aware the site has changed yet again and now at last shows package details which had been removed.

When will it finally be finished?-this has been on-going changes for many months now- what a mess it is.

Give us a simple menu bar, not multiple clicking to navigate and going around in circles with multiple stages of signing in each time.

alf28

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

46 REPLIES 46

ALF28
Super solver

NEW VIRIGN WEB SITE

I agree, the new virgin media web site makes it very difficult to find anything and then you can not exit pages without clicking home and going around in circles. Also takes you through several stages of log in and keeps asking to sign in again.

The login often fails and has been  reported many times recently with things like oops coming up or sting on logging in.

All  any web site needs is a simple menu bar at the top or left hand side which is on all pages to quickly navigate to any page.

The older website did do this, but this new web site design seems to make access to your account deliberately hard.

This may be due to integration with o2/volt services etc. Also the email is difficult to locate on the new web pages, the icon for email should be at the top as on the older website for quick access, not having to search for it with many clicks needed.

The design is overcomplicated, it needs to get back to a a basic functioning web site like it used to be.

I am aware the site has changed yet again and now at last shows package details which had been removed.

When will it finally be finished?-this has been on-going changes for many months now- what a mess it is.

Give us a simple menu bar, not multiple clicking to navigate and going around in circles with multiple stages of signing in each time.

alf28

menu-design of new virgin media web site pages.

Some areas of the web site such as billing do not have a menu to get back to the home page, so I have to use arrows to get back, the menus with home page should be in the same top left position on "all pages", so you do not go into a dead end and can not get back to the home page.

The menu should always be present.

alf28

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@ALF28 When will it finally be finished?

In the entire quarter century I've been a customer, I don't think the VM website has ever been:

• fully up to date,
  • fully functional,
  • absent errors or incorrect information,
  • meeting customer's expectations, and
  • comparable to the best competitors.

I don't think that will change because every few years there's a brand makeover by the marketing dweebs, there's regular changes of product, the ongoing O2 merger, the eventual closure of Virgin Mobile, endless changes in customer contact processes and locations.  You're either a company who do customer contact right and manage through the business and commercial changes (eg Privilege Insurance), or you're a company who don't even know what right is (insert name of large ISP here).

I find the new website confusing, it keeps changing.

Virgin web site down again  1230 hours

Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again
Try again

Could not login so used the email link to get my email

alf28

If Richard Branson had relied on such a duff company as Virgin to get on in the world, he'd still be at the apprentice stage!!!!!!

I agree, the virgin new website has issues.

One thing I have noticed noticed is that if you log into the web site and click email, then exit email you are are still logged into the virgin web site but nothing works so you have to sign out and then back in again.

I think each section is separate and they are not meshing together properly.

I understand that the website will link to databases to pull up your information which makes it complex.

The new web site appears to be superimposed on top of the older website so perhaps it is in a state of flux/changeover.

The new virgin website is more difficult to use than the older layout, so hope it does improve, and more clicking is needed and navigation is not menu driven across the website, and you have to search for the icon to click on.

On the internet there are still lots of different virgin media login pages if you search for virgin , some link to the new web site, some bring up older style log in pages, it all needs cleaning up so there is just one official login page.

alf28

VIRGIN WEB SITE  NOT WORKING again today- 16.50 12/05/2022

logs in but then no home page-

Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again
Try again

I can use thunderbird or the email link to get email but no access to my virgin account at 16.30 onward.
I also had a false  overdue bill notice for April which has now resolved.

alf28

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Regarding this constant messing about with the website, it may help if VM actually employed someone who knew what they were supposed to be doing, (IE; PROFESSIONAL!) rather than some cheap college intern working odd hours at it in between trying to complete an assignment for his tutor.

The site has NEVER been 'professional', and always looked like it was built by a committee of people each of which 'did their own thing' then threw the lot together ad hoc.

This one is just the latest in the line of repeated disasters....

When will it be fixed?? who knows? VM certainly don't (and they probably don't really care either.. 

Site has been down all day, yet, absolutely NO communication from VM.. shows just how much they 'care' 

Virgin web site can not login.

It was working this morning but now no log in at time 15.15 on 14/05/2022.

This is a log in issue, as even the direct link to email  is down. (tried 2 browsers)

I can get my email via an email client thunderbird, which is good to read email, but no access to my virgin account.

Looks like virgin media are having problems again?

alf28