cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact information & engineer visit pages

Northlondonuser
Tuning in

This might be in the wrong place - so apologies in advance. My internet went down (London N8) this morning. There were problems yesterday which VM were aware of but a promised text as to when it would be resolved never arrived. All was well until about 9.30am today (Weds). VM currently says no issue in my area. Have rebooted twice and checked the cables etc - no joy, so booked an engineer visit which won't come for at least 36 hours.  Internet then suddenly came back so thought I should cancel the visit, however, there seems to be no way to do this online - (although internet has now crashed and reset twice while writing). On my VM page I got the following when I clicked on the link to "my appointments":

virginengineer.JPG

and on the "contact us" page I get this:

virgincontact.JPG

I am now waiting for a CS rep via whatsapp, so god knows when they'll turn up and I'm not calling the Philippines to be asked if I've turned it off and on again, but for almost £40 a month for broadband, the issues above aren't really acceptable. I also have a confirmation email, with handy advice on how I can manage my appointment via the app. Sooooo, downloaded the app, an, guess what, no such thing appears on mine.

If anyone knows of a forum board that this would be better suited on please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There is some working being done by VM on the network that seems to be affecting people in many geographic regions (including me) - its dropping out for a few minutes 2 or 3 time a day since Monday - it reported on the 0800 status line for me.

See this
________
As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There is some working being done by VM on the network that seems to be affecting people in many geographic regions (including me) - its dropping out for a few minutes 2 or 3 time a day since Monday - it reported on the 0800 status line for me.

See this
________
As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Many thanks for that. Yes, same pattern for me since Monday. I ended up using twitter to contact VM and they checked CS phone line wait times for me. Managed to cancel my engineer's visit on the phone in three minutes, but they are clearly having issues around this. About 10 minutes later I had a text confirming the appointment! 

Hi there @Northlondonuser

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened and for the confusion regarding your appointment! 

Have you been able to sort this since your last post or do you still require assistance? 

Thank you. 

Hi there, the appointment was cancelled. However, my internet has gone down again, which is now at least 5 days in the last 7. The service status message says is that VM is aware of a problem in my area and they expect to have the problem solved by 6pm will text me an update - which never arrives and the problem is never solved. Very frustrating as I have to tether my laptop to my phone to work.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Northlondonuser,

Thanks for your response and welcome back to the community!

Really sorry about all the issues caused this past month.

From checking our service I can see that the area fault has been resolved and all readings seem to be in spec.

Can I ask how your service is now?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi there, It was down again on Monday, but seems to be back on track now.