cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant superhub 4 disconnections (broadband/phone)

Tombogt4
Tuning in

Since last Wednesday our superhub 4 has been dropping connections regularly.

On Wed 12th october from roughly 1pm til 3.30pm we were without phone/broadband due to service updates in our area.

After that we've experience dropouts whereby the router appears to be attempting to reestablish a connection to VM (blinking white light on the hub)

The below dates (times and durations) indicate the frequency 

• 17th - 16:30 (20-30 mins) 
  • 18th - 10 til 10.20 (20 mins) 
  • 18th - 16.15 - 16.30 (15-20mins)
  • 19th - 9.48 - 10.03 (15 mins) 
  • 19th - 12.36 - 13.00 (20 mins)
  • 19th - 14.36 - 14.46 (10 mins)

I spoke with Rajeet last night who advised he'd send a software update to the router, and i was to switch off and on quickly after 15 mins, and would take about 30 mins.

We've done this, as well as leaving off for 10 mins and turning back on, but are still getting the problem. Home setup haant changed in the best part of a year, but seems odd that since last Wednesday it's happening. 

Im really beginning to get fed up with this now, aa both my partner and I work from home, we've gone through the usual trouble shooting both offline/online, and over the phone, and the dropouts are becoming more regular now.

I've had virtually no issues in the past nearly 12 months since getting VM, but just lately it's getting a little frustrating when it's impacting our working days having to switch to a mobile hotspot, which costs money once allowance runs out on PAYG. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tombogt4, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband service, we will do all we can to help. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see a short term connection issue has been identified.

Our agent has flagged this with our Network team to investigate further. 

Unfortunately there is no specified time frame but an issue such as this can improve over 24-48 hours so can you please monitor the service and let us know if you see any improvements? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Many thanks Nat,

*touch wood* we've not had any outage since the last one at around 14:30 this afternoon, but i'll keep you update either way.

So no more drop outs as yet since yesterday afternoon, and seems to be behaving itself at the moment, will continue to monitor and update. 

Hi Tombogt4,

Great to hear things seem to have improved 🙂

Do let us know if you experience any further problems.

Alex_Rm