cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant red light on hub 3

Claireyfairy22
Tuning in

After spending 28+mins discussing my issues with a virgin media agent on the telephone I don't seem to have a solution to my problem.

Over the last few weeks we have been struggling with wifi connectivity and speed. The light on the hub 3 remains red at all times despite resetting and rebooting the device numerous times.

I understand this should be white (and it usually is). The hub is not kept in a cupboard and is well ventilated and does not feel hot . I understand the red light can be a sign of overheating. 

As my issues are intermittent despite the constant red light, I wasn't given much help and told that if I wanted a new hub I would have to pay for one. I've had this box probably about 6yrs now I believe. Surely a technician should come out and review the box, but I was told this would not be the case. 

Does anyone else have any further help or advice ? I believe they are going to monitor for 24hrs although I don't feel confident from the call this will happen, due to language barriers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo of the red light. Hub3 LED' s are known to "fade to orange".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Screenshot_20220504-135527_Gallery.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does look pinkish... you are not using it in modem mode with your own router by any chance? If you were the light turns "magenta".

I have asked VM to come and take a look

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John 

No not using own router. 

Never been this colour before and I do believe there is a fault due to the ongoing issues. 

Thank you for your help 😀

Hi Claireyfairy22 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having a constant red light on your hub and you've not been able to resolve over the phone.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Claireyfairy22, thanks for coming back to me via private message.

I have booked the first available technician appointment to attend your property.  You can manage the appointment in your online account here.  Please do let us know how things go.

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you so much for all your help.