cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant red light on Hub 3.0

Beccawte
Tuning in

I have got a constant red light showing on my Hub 3.0 and it’s been like that for a few weeks now.

After having a look on this board, I’ve tried all the tips of making sure the wires are connected, getting rid of any dust and making sure it’s well ventilated, turning it off and on again. Still the red light persists.

Have tried calling Virgin Media but the automated options just directed me to the website help section. Help please, I think we might need a new Hub???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Beccawte, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub displaying a red light. Just to double check, is the Hub currently in modem mode? If so then the light will be a magenta colour but can look quite red. This is perfectly normal. If it's not then please follow the below steps: 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains, pop back here and let us know. We can then either arrange a replacement or an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Beccawte, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub displaying a red light. Just to double check, is the Hub currently in modem mode? If so then the light will be a magenta colour but can look quite red. This is perfectly normal. If it's not then please follow the below steps: 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains, pop back here and let us know. We can then either arrange a replacement or an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, thanks for replying so quickly.

I can confirm the Hub is in modem mode and I’ve tried the steps you advised. The red light is still on and constant.

Hi Kath, I haven’t heard from you yet so just checking you have got my message ok?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Beccawte,

Thank you for posting I am sorry that the red light is still present.

I will pop you over a PM now and get this sorted for you.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Zoie