cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant packet loss and disconnects

Shahin007
On our wavelength

This issue has been plaguing me for many years, where I have been told by VM time and time again that the issues that appear on my line are none existent, I quote from my call today VM technician stated that they can see a packet loss of 0.59% for the overall month. They have called an engineer for the 14th July.

So can someone explain this, in the past, they have blamed "large downloads and multiple devices on router" causing issues, I've had callouts, routers upgraded/changed, and so on. I am currently on 1gb paying £79 for half the broadband service.

I discovered thinkbroadband last month after reading an article regarding VM denying latency/ping/packet loss issues to customers and decided to monitor my internet connection. I get approximately 3-7 days of 0 packet loss(the only time I can play multiplayer games without lag), the remaining days of the month are exactly like this in my graph attached below, causing havoc in gaming.

Web capture_11-7-2022_183026_www.thinkbroadband.com.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Shahin007, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear of your frequent disconnects and packet loss. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Shahin007
On our wavelength

Hi Lee, I've replied to you via DM. 

Hi there @Shahin007

Thank you for letting us know I can see that Lee has responded to you, are you able to pop back to him so he can help? 

Thanks again

Hi Shahin007

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Do please let us know how the appointment goes. 

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Shahin007, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

Shahin007
On our wavelength

Hi Lee,

The issue isn’t resolved yet, as I’ve mentioned, this happens on and off. Half way through the month I will get packet loss. I get anywhere between 15-25 days of packet loss.

Rest assured, it will occur in the next few days, once that happens, I will need an engineer out. Therefore please hold for a few days more.

thanks

Hi Shahin007,

Thank you for reaching back out, please let us know how you get on, if things do start going wrong again we would need to arrange a technician.

Regards

Paul.

Shahin007
On our wavelength

Forgot to get back to this. Found that the issue was hub related. A reboot fixed this. So I have to reboot the router every fortnight or every time it occurs, to prevent this from happening. 

Hi Shahin007,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you are still facing packet loss even though this is only happening every now and again, if this does become worse we would need to arrange a technician.

Regards

Paul.