Menu
Erby
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Constant lags - packet loss

Hi,

For the last few days I've been getting constant lags. This is happening while playing both CS and PUBG.

I have been running ping tests using Netcrunch and i lose packets every so often, only if i restart the router will it fix up for a short period but then starts happening again. This is also happening to friends who are very close neighbors (max 50 meters) all Virgin media customers.

I called virgin media tech support a couple of days ago but he was not helpful at all and said we can't see any issues on our end so there's nothing we can do. Not great support, no technical abilities apart from following a script and telling me to reboot the router.

- Was meant to post this to gaming support

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant lags - packet loss

same issue in area 15

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I take it you are using a wired ethernet connection? There will always be some packet loss over WiFi. 

0 Kudos
Erby
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep i am using a wired connection.

I had an engineer around who changed my router from the old hub 2 to hub 3 also changed another part on the wall where the connection comes in but this has not fixed the issue i am having. Still getting constant packet losses. I called tech support again but no help from them cause everything looks fine from their end.

This is today, i didn't notice my IP had changed so i updated it this morning and now its even worse than when i first raised the issue.

Virgin

This is before my router was changed.

Virgin
0 Kudos
andf
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There are a few threads reporting the same problem (I have started two of them in different sections); one user thinks this is being fixed tomorrow:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Large-packet-loss/td-p/3901769/page/2

0 Kudos
Erby
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update. Area 15 is also my area so i hope the issue will be fixed today. I will also be putting a complaint through as i believe we deserve some sort of compensation for this.
0 Kudos
andf
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would like to put a complain and for a refund too; do you know how it can be done?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
SonnyS92
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same thing for me been happening nearly a week just got of the phone wasted a hour of my life said everything is fine there end, said can you take 1min and look at your community forums as there are a number of people having the same issue. Said they can't.

She forwarded me on to someone from gadget rescue who wanted to take remote control of my computer and have a look at my setting wanted to change my port forwarding told them its been fine for 5 years nothing changed I believe its something in the area I dont feel comfortable doing that and getting charged £20 for the fix +any other trouble shooting charges then £5 a month after. ( I am area 15).

0 Kudos
Erby
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Don't let them just say everythings OK and don't let them run any tests just have a go at them and ask them to escalate this issue also ask to speak to a manager cause its not an issue with your router or your line, this is an issue in our area that the ########### cant see cause there useless.

[MOD EDIT - Inappropriate language removed] 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Erby wrote:

Don't let them just say everythings OK and don't let them run any tests just have a go at them and ask them to escalate this issue also ask to speak to a manager cause its not an issue with your router or your line, this is an issue in our area that the ########### cant see cause there useless.

[MOD EDIT - Inappropriate language removed] 

[The English is pretty awful too]

0 Kudos