cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant drop outs!

Spankinmanc74
On our wavelength

Why does my VM still constant drop out! How do you get an engineer out? 

I have been having these issues for months now and every engineer that comes out can’t solve it! 
£600 pa and I can’t even get reliable internet. 

I’m starting to believe Virgin can’t deliver in their product promise! 

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks again for the PM, Spankinmac74 and just to update we've changed the time/date 🙂

Let me know how the visit goes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It turns out the cable duct has been crushed outside our property. The whole time I have been reporting the issues to VM, the constant visits from engineers and unreliable internet has all been because of our service supply! I wish I’d known before I upgraded. 
At least 6 months of unreliable service. 
VM need to be doing something about this to compensate us. 
a seriously unhappy customer!!!

Hi @Spankinmanc74

Thanks for your response

How did the visit go? Have the technicians now managed to resolve this, please do provide us with an update and we can investigate further if needs be

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Apparently the ducting outside my property is damaged and therefore renders my connection intermittent. This is the reason it’s been so poor for the last 6 months. Virgin even allowed us to upgrade to 1gb even though it was the service that was unsuitable. 
we now have to wait until March 27th to have the cable refitted, so another day off work!! 
not happy at all to be honest 

Sorry to hear of the issue with the cable and the intermittent services that this may cause @Spankinmanc74 .

Our team who processed the upgrade would have had no knowledge of the issue outside of your property.

In the meantime, it may be worth knowing that we're part of the auto crediting scheme put in place by our regulators, with further information on this available via this link

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

What will VM do now we know the cause of our unreliable internet? It’s a crushed cable ducting off our property! This has clearly been the reason for months of unreliability. Although we have complained several times and had multiple visits from great technicians the problem is getting worse. 
we have had no offer of good will, no reduced bill and all the time they have been unable to provide what we pay for. 
the crushed cable is apparently due to other services carrying out their work in the proximity of the VM cable. Either way we are now left waiting for another month for this to be rectified. Surely this can’t be acceptable as good enough? Can it? 

Hi Spankinmanc74,

I can see from earlier posts that we did have an engineer arranged to look into this.

From our side things look to be completed. So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

From your side? Your side doesn’t matter if you’re not paying does it? 
your engineers came to tell us the outside ducting had been crushed by a utility company! This is the reason our internet has been crap for 6 months! 

you talk about compensation for total loss, what about constant interruptions in service? What about having to wait another month for the problem to be rectified? 
£55 a month and we can’t watch a film on Netflix without interruption. It’s just not good enough! 

Well, Spankinmanc74, seems Virgin Media are laughing at you. 

You've solid grounds for demanding substantial compensation, but to get it you'll need to raise a formal complaint with VM, have that fobbed off (to the sound of more laughter), and then escalate the matter to Ombudsman Services.  

Thanks for coming back to us @Spankinmanc74 and I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the auto compensation scheme and it's conditions.

I will be able to file a complaint for you and discuss what you feel a suitable resolution would be, in a private arena.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn