cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant drop outs hub trying to reconnect

Ddbarden
Joining in

For over a week now have had ongoing issues where my router drops out and loses connection for hours on end, then just cycles trying to re connect.

Getting a little fed up and frustrated with the whole situation and from what i have been reading this is an issue all over the UK for weeks on end...

What is the cause? What is being done about it? Where is communication from Virgin about the issues....

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If they know about it in your location (have you reported it?) it will be communicated on....

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Have checked all that, followed all advice about resart hub and check cables ect but still the constant same issuewe had scheduled work in the area last week and connection has been horrendous ever since, there are complaints all over the web throughout the UK with the same drop out issues which leads me to believe this is a UK wide issue.....

Screenshot_20220906_185636_com.android.chrome.jpg

 but when call the 0800 number tells me no issues in the area....

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There arent UK wide complaints otherwise this forum would be on fire 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Screenshot_20220906_201341_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220906_201255_com.android.chrome.jpg

 and thats just the last 5 minutes of reports with services down....

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its "inaccurate" - its not precise enough

I am in Manchester the dead centre of that big red spot and have had absolutely no issues whatsoever in months - and neither do any of my VM neighbours.

Its probably mapping some local issues reported by multiple users - e.g - if a street cabinet gets wasted by a 20 ton truck - but those a block or two away will be unaffected.

Or if its mapping an "Area issue" - remember that Areas are not Geographic” they are legacy billing areas from the various companies that ran the network before VM. We are actually Area 20 - as are customers in London, Bristol, and the midlands - which is exactly what that pretty picture is displaying. So if there is an issue in Area 20 Bristol - Manchester may light up too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Ddbarden
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your broadband connection at the moment, we dont have any UK wide outages or use third party sites as down detector to report our issues, all issues should be shown on our service status page.

I also live in one of the red areas shown on the map and have had no such issues with my services, I have looked into your connection on our system and there are issues with your individual connection that will need a technician to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L