Menu
MForrestal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnections

Hi to the community, 

I'm starting to think that my words are falling on deaf ears. Since we got our VIP package installed in February we've had to have an engineer out 2 times per month minimum, the Internet is constantly disconnecting from all the devices even tho the router shows no faults and the virgin app is telling us that everything is fine in our area ( area 26), is there anyone out there who can provide a long term fix? Or will this have to goto the ombudsman? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnections

Hi MForrestal, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us via the Community. 

I have checked and the outage in your area has now been fixed. 

Can you please advise if the issue is ongoing or intermittent. If intermittent, when did you last experience the problem?

Also, are you able to confirm if problem is having with any device in particular?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
nickw310771
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i AM HAVING THIS constant disconnection issue - VM wont address it even though I pay for Homeworks they refuse to send anyone out - Ive tried everything - so will have to leave within contract period and let them chase me for money - but when they phone me I will route them through to my Indian call centre after pressing buttons 1 to 4 8 times and then someone will read from a script...they should get their money back in about 9 years time and in the meantime I will move to BT -their customer service is up there with SKY - worst I have ever known and they get you signed up at aboiut £80 per month, within 3 months its £140+++ every time they have done this to me - and their Hub is sub par and their wifi is sub par

0 Kudos
MForrestal
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to sound abrupt, but what your saying is a lie there was no outage in the area my next door neighbour is on the same package and they had no issues, the last time the engineer came out to our property they said there was an issue with the cable leading to our property from the exchange and that he had fixed the issue, funny enough the 4 previous engineers had said the same thing, there is an underlying issue that virgin media are refusing to fix and it's a disgrace that I'm paying for a service that I only partially receive. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response MForrestal.

Without specifying details on your account, I can confirm that there was an outage in your area that has now been fixed. 

Outages or problems within an area may not necessarily impact all customers.

In order to run diagnostics checks, can you please answer the questions in my previous reply?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
MForrestal
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The problems are intermittent, the last time it happened was at around 10am 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Do you find that there are certain devices disconnecting or do you completely lose connection to all devices?

Also, when this happens does your Hub have additional lights? These could be flashing or a solid colour, usually red or green.

Thanks 

Nat 

Nat
0 Kudos
MForrestal
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

When this happens all of the devices loose connection and the router doesn't change colour it stays a solid white colour 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Has the Hub had a full reset in the past?  Also, have you optimised your service to ensure all of your devices are running on the best channels?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
MForrestal
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The last time the engineer came out they fixed the channels to one's that were the best and the router has been reset in the past 

0 Kudos