cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Ping Spikes

r1fty
Tuning in

Hi there,

The past few months, when gaming, I have noticed constant ping spikes on a night-time. I can see these spikes only on WiFi on my PC and iPhone.

I've rang Virgin support who upgraded me to gigabit internet with the new Hub 4 saying that it should fix my issues, however the issue still persists. Support say they cannot see anything wrong with my equipment however there definitely is an issue somewhere.

This hasn't always been an issue, it has only started happening fairly recently, and nothing has changed apart from getting this Hub 4 put in last week.

I've heard and read buying a router with better WiFi might fix my issues but it's a lot of money to pay when it might not even be the boxes issue.

Anyone have any advice?

My BQM

37 REPLIES 37

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@r1fty wrote:

I've rang Virgin support who upgraded me to gigabit internet with the new Hub 4 saying that it should fix my issues, however the issue still persists.

I'm sure if possible they would send you a kitchen sink as 1Gb would not have fixed a thing.😑

---------------------------------------------------------------

A kitchen sink probably has better wifi than the Hub 4 anyways

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi r1fty

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the service. 

I would like to take a closer look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few details. 

The message will show available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi r1fty,

Thank you for your PM to Nat - she won't be back on shift for a few days, so I've agreed to look into this on her behalf.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems with your connection. I can see from your BQM that there are some signs of high utilisation in your area, however it isn't significant enough to be raised as an outage. 

We can see that you are still having problems, so I've raised an engineer visit for you so this can be looked at from your end. 

Please sign into your My Virgin Media account to view your appointment time slot and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth, Thanks for organising that, however I'm not able to see any appointment time slots on my dashboard or my orders and appointments page once logged in.

Liam

Never mind Beth, got a text earlier saying they're coming tomorrow. Cheers.

Thanks for coming back to us @r1fty.

How did the visit go, have your issues now been resolved?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Sorry, I read the text wrong and forgot to update here, they are visiting Monday.

Liam

Hi r1fty,

Thanks for the update, please let us know how it goes Today?

Regards

Paul.