cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Disconnection

Tiaan
Tuning in

I get constant and, seemingly random, disconnections. The log either indicates T3 or T4 errors, for example:
- T3: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; (...)
- T4: Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; (...)

This usually results in me waiting anywhere from 10-30+ minutes for reconnecting. Sometimes I just unplug and replug everything (usually in that 30+ minute range).

From what I can see, this is likely more a problem with the connection to the main network, rather than issues with my equipment, which would make sense as the equipment is brand new.

I don't seem to have a way of contacting support other than through the forum, hence the post.

35 REPLIES 35

Just did so - no issues being reported. I have used the online checker on previous occasions and it never indicated any issues either.

It has been 24 hours and three disconnections later. One disconnection yesterday evening and two this afternoon that I'm aware of. In each instance, it took well over 15 minutes each time to reconnect.

Hi @Tiaan,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been facing some further disconnections. I've taken a look at our systems and I can't seem to see any faults being detected there to explain this issue you're experiencing.

As such, I'm going to send you a private message in a moment to take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Tiaan,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. As discussed, we've now arranged for a technician visit to go ahead to take a closer look over things.

We're unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check it and reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Tiaan,

Did you get this issue resolved?  I'm having T3 and T4 errors recently also, and connection dropping out.  I'm also getting about 10% of my expected speed.  I'd be interested if you could please update us with what happened and what exactly was causing your issues?

Thank you!!

Hi, hi,

Yes, it was resolved. The technician came out and tried various things in the flat to no avail. He eventually inspected the connection box at the street and replaced something. He indicated that the component was very old. The connection has been fine ever since.

Thank you! 

Sounds like I need to get a technician out and point them to this thread...  

Thanks again!

Not a problem; best of luck getting it sorted.

Hi grt800,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look like you may need an engineer. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

sgreen93
Dialled in

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm getting what appears to be this same issue on and off every few days, but today has been by far the worst of all. Hub 5 constantly disconnecting for varying lengths of time, network log showing both T3 and T4 errors. It's essentially unusable it's dropping out so much.

Virgin Media staff - is there anything that can be done to look in to this ASAP? My contract is nearing it's end and Openreach have finally installed FTTP on my street, so am getting seriously tempted to move (especially as I'm also one of the lucky "few" with no emails prior to Sunday!)