cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIX Domain/website issue (Fault Ticket - F010146344)

Indelible
Up to speed

I'm getting a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on only some websites.

In fact, as far as I can tell it appears to be only websites using custom domains built on the Wix platform... But it is only happening on devices when connected through the Hub 4. I've tried a factory reset on the Hub to no avail, I've tried deactivating childsafe and virussafe... Nothing. 

Example for reference: www.the-book-binder.co.uk

Other websites are working fine, and ones like the above have no problem if run through a VPN.

Any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Titled changed for clarity and threads merged. Fault reference F010146344 . Updates will be provided on this Sticky ]

402 REPLIES 402

bobbydriver
On our wavelength

The last couple of weeks, I seem to get constant issues with webpages not immediately loading

instead I get the Chrome error saying

The Site Can't Be Reached

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

This then disappears after about 2 or 3 seconds and the webpage loads. It's like the DNS isn't resolving the names quick enough. It's not the end of the world, it's just really annoying and shouldn't be happening. Have tried rebooting my router but it made no difference

Really odd and happens on multiple devices, so I figure it's a Virgin issue specific to me?

My DNS servers are set to Get Automatically from ISP

and that sets them to 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100

Hi there @bobbydriver

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you have been facing this issue and I can understand how frustrating this must be! 

Do you experience this issue when using another browser at all? Does this also happen on other devices or just the one? 

Thank you. 

Stepirv
On our wavelength

Hi,

My partner and I are having problems accessing her Wix-based website via our home Wi-Fi. We have tried this on Safari, Chrome and MS Edge browsers - same every time “server cannot be found”. However, we can access her website over a 5G/mobile connection both over Vodafone and Three. Also, her colleague can access the website in another country through his ISP.

We’ve spoken with Wix and all is in order at their end. Which would indicate that there is a problem with our ISP, which is Virgin Media.

We are both able to access all other websites as normal through our home WiFi. This also includes Wix.com. 

Are there others currently facing similar problems with Virgin Media home WiFi?

We have logged the issue with Virgin Media tech team who has quoted a 5-day duration for solving the issue. We have also logged this on Virgin Media’s ‘report a website’ page (This page should not be blocked - request). 

Any other suggestions or thoughts on the above are appreciated.

Thanks.

Stepirv

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
change DNS on device to 194.168.4.123 and 194.168.8.123 or 1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9
---------------------------------------------------------------

Stepirv
On our wavelength

Why? So this would be a MacBook Pro, two iPads and a very old Lenovo. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve had trouble with Wix addresses in the past and the only sure fire way to get around the problem is detailed above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi

Having the exact same issue here. Started about 2pm yesterday 23-09-22.

Our Wix website not visible through home internet - Virgin media - but is accessible through mobile networks. We have checked with at least 5 other virgin media users in our area and all are unable to see our website. Others using different ISPs such as BT do not seem to have this problem.

Also logged the problem with Virgin Tech team and awaiting a response.

If you get to the bottom of the issue please post the solution.

Thanks 

rlanario

Have exactly the same problem. Have contacted Wix it's not an issue their end and have been round and round in circles with Virgin Media who don't seem to have a clue what the issue is.

Have spoken to Wix again who have now escalated the issue to the advanced domains team.