cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistently poor service

Realitea
Tuning in

Don't know where else to put this as phone support is just an automated message and speaking to real people is very hard and it's not like they can do anything anyway, this is pretty much a rant for virgin media's awful service since I've moved into a different home that's not even 5 minutes from my last address. 

Since I moved in here around last August there has not been a single month since where there hasn't been outages that have lasted less than an hour most of the time it's 6-24h long. What's forcing me to post this is the current situation I'm in. Starting around 10pm on the 25th May I've had latency spikes up into the thousands (constant) and a constant packet loss of minimum 10% up to 80% making the connection damn near impossible to use and worthless for anything that requires a stable connection such as video calls (I work from home). 

From just these issues alone I've had to cancel multiple meetings and I'm left very close to being unable to work. What's worse is this isn't estimated to be fixed until the 1st June! It's completely unacceptable and the excuses are always the same "it's a really complex issue so it's taking longer to fix." I've heard everything, from laying cables to things are damaged etc. it's beyond a joke at this point and if my service wasn't so good at my last home I probably would've already switched providers and it's slowly reaching that point. In today's work from home heavy environment I need some consistency. 

I really didn't want to have to make this post but I pay £70 a month for my service (best broadband package) and I expect to get it on a consistent basis, can someone from the team please look into this and give me some sort of reason why my area is just non stop issues? I'm just tired of it at this point and want to have some justification and/or compensation for the stress its put me through and for the service I'm paying for and not getting. 

31 REPLIES 31

Hi @Realitea,

Sorry to hear about the broadband issues you've had recently.

The SNR fault, which is scheduled to be fixed by the 1st of June 2022, is causing the packet loss and latency issues.

After reading through the fault information I can confirm that the fault will be resolved by mid-day at latest.

Please bare with us and let us know how the services are tomorrow once the engineers have completed the works required.

Thank you and kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'll keep you updated but I beg it does not go on longer than this, work can only be so tolerant of "internet outages." 

Realitea
Tuning in

It's approaching midday, so in about 4 ish hours that's the latest time it should be fixed, below is what we're looking at right now it's definitely better but nowhere near acceptable for anything that requires a stable connection for live tasks such as video/audio calls/gaming and I'm still suffering from less than half the upload speed I should get as well as dropouts, hoping that it's completely fixed within the next 4 hours. 

Realitea_0-1654067175743.png

Still no improvement, is this going to be fixed today as stated? I've already waited just shy of a week this cannot go on any longer. 

Realitea_0-1654081868491.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you have had significant issues since August I would begin to think about alternative providers. I wouldn't accept any suggestion of any early disconnection fee either given the history of your connection. Have you submitted a formal complaint yet? The process and escalation procedure is on the website. 

Thanks for the suggestion I've logged a formal complaint on the site now, it's been over an hour since the "midday" time window and nothing has changed, I'll give it another day or so and then if things are still not resolved I'm going to take this further. There's only so many chances I can give VM and I'm at the end of my tether at this point. 

Realitea_0-1654086014114.png

Update at gone midnight, 0 change, no fix, no improvement and actually potentially worse than previous days. What is going on, when is this mess going to be fixed, it's gone on for over a week? 

Realitea_0-1654130319118.png 

@Ilyas_Y

Any updates?

Daily update, almost 2am with the BQM looking horrible pretty much the entire day. 

Realitea_0-1654217136634.png

No changes

04/06/2022 

Realitea_0-1654345723361.png