cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent outages

Lokeshp
Tuning in

Is anyone else facing issues with regular outages with virgin media broadband connectivity. It used to be one off earlier but over the last two weeks it’s regular.. twice a day for extended hours making it impossible to work from home, leave aside using the connected devices including security systems.. we are based at TW12

regards

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_________

Can you Check for any “known network faults first - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing is reported there - post back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

thanks for the recommendations. 

1. service status in web page does say there are some issues but gives assurance it ll be rectified by itself over 24 hours

2. service status number doesn’t pick any issue with the service.

However we are still without any internet since last evening and it’s almost impossible to speak to anyone at virgin media

frustrating!!

Regards

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check again with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor 

I called the Customer services number and they ran some checks remotely acknowledging there were some issues.. following some troubleshoot at the backend, the connectivity if finally up and running. Richard was kind enough to monitor over next days and has set up a follow up next week.

Thanks for all the guidance. Looks like all sorted for now.

regards 

Lokesh P

Hi there @Lokeshp 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing these problems, but so glad to hear that the team were able to help.

Please do keep us up to date with how things are looking?