Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Consistent drop outs on multiple devices

I have had consistent daily internet drop outs on my laptop, TV, and mobile phone to the point where it is hugely impacting my work. Yet, despite having a Virgin engineer place and fit the router, and of course, going through the off and on motions, reset, disconnect, checking service in area etc. it continues. It's beyond frustrating to be paying for the M500 package and not even be able to use it at it's most basic. Hearing that there are busy times of day, and too many devices is not a reasonable answer in 2020, particularly when we were paying less on TalkTalk and never had these issues. 

Now with no one to speak to on the phone, how am I meant to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistent drop outs on multiple devices

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos