cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Issues in WF5 Area

DeltaWolf7
Tuning in

Hi,

Is anyone else in this area suffering intermittent packet loss with Virgin Media Broadband?

Over the last two weeks I have been seeing packet loss around every 20min resulting in work VPN dropping, games disconnecting, uploads/downloads failing and general frustration.

The plan is to call it in to support as the status check website keeps telling me there is an intermittent signal fault.

All equipment has been restarted and even the factory restarted to see if the issue can be resolved, but this has resulted in no improvement.

Seems silly, but the other thing noticed is more speed than normal (220mbps), it's currently higher (280mps) on download and the same for upload normally (20mbps), now getting (30mbps). I know sounds like I'm complaining about an increase in speed and yes I know about the 1st of Nov upgrade coming, but I would be happier with stability rather than speed. Especially when it is affecting my work. Latency has never been an issue ~16ms.

I have had a laptop and desktop directly (Ethernet) connected to the router in both router and modem mode and the result is the same. Typically I use modem mode and my own enterprise-grade equipment behind, but for test purposes, this has all been removed temporarily. All cables were swapped where possible or reseated.

This happens at all times days and night and in the last two weeks I have had one/two days where its been fine.

Any help would be appreciated, am I looking at an area issue here thought it best to ask before phoning it in and wasting everyone's time.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you havent, also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for that,

Yeah, I did, it's not reporting anything which is why I was generally asking here.

I have a friend over in the next town and he has the same issues with Virgin. Less than 5 miles away so I guess we do have local issues.

To be honest, I would be more annoyed, but I have been with Virgin for many years and never had an issue, so this minor issue can be forgiven knowing that eventually it will get sorted and like I said I will call it in if needed.

Today has been good, to be honest. All today packet loss has been very low and only lost the VPN to work once.

Hey DeltaWolf7, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look at my side and I can't see any major issues at all, everything is looking perfect.

your levels are great and are in the green which is very good.

How has the connection been over the weekend? What lights are showing on your hub? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

Over the weekend, no issue at all. No packet loss, all is back to its normal self.

Will continue to monitor today and through this week.

Thanks

All today, not a single issue. Everything is back to what I am used to and my speed is up from the avg 220mpbs to just short of 300mps. So getting more that I pay for. Thanks

Hi DeltaWolf7, 

Thanks for coming back to the Community and confirming things are all sorted for you. 

We're really glad things are back to normal. 
If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs