cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem for a week

Selin
Joining in

Hi,

for the past week I’ve been getting weak security alert on PC, phone and tablet. Sometimes the Wifi sign on the phone seems connected however I can’t open any link on the browser. This problem started to happen last week and it’s the worst for the last 3 days. We don’t have a broadband for the most part of the day. Sometimes the green ligh or red light flashing. Sometimes the hub seems normal but still no connection. I tried everything such as resetting the hub, turn off and on the switch, I installed the hub again. None of them fixed the problem. When I opened the Connect App and scan, the wifi coverage in the rooms looks “Great”. But it’s not even close to be great. 😞

I really need the internet since I work from home and Virgin media causes a serious trouble for my job. Therefore I started to have mental problem after a week of multiple drops on Zoom. 😞

please help me. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What happens on devices connected to the Hub directly on an ethernet cable ?

See this to start

Firstly, have you checked for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

derekheeps
Dialled in

Zoom ? For Work ?

Zoom is not an enterprise solution , it is for amateur use .

Look at Microsoft Teams for a professional Enterprise solution 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Selin wrote:

<snip>   I really need the internet since I work from home and Virgin media causes a serious trouble for my job. Therefore I started to have mental problem after a week of multiple drops on Zoom. 😞

There are no SLA's with Residential contracts and VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.   However as @jbrennand has stated, check for local faults in the first instance.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Also, after this reset post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Selin

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're having issue with your services at this time. 

I have checked on our systems and can see that your upstream power levels are out a spec, this is something we'll need an engineer to attend to resolve. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and book you the earliest technician appointment available. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley