cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem click me button

Gemma6
Joining in

My hub 3.0 is showing a pop up when I try to connect to the Internet.

The pop up contains a large red 'Click me' button and the following text:

"Connection problem. We are having trouble connecting you to the internet. If you click the button above, we will try to fix your problems."

I've done 2 factory resets but the pop up still appears. 

What should I do? 

11 REPLIES 11

Gemma6
Joining in

3D8E9FC7-4B1F-482A-A3E4-AF4DA0AB7001.jpeg

Screenshot of the pop up 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Yep it said service is normal. 

Also when I clicked the button, this came up:

1. gateway IPv4 is not valid.

2. Your broadband connection is down.

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Try this ...

Switch the Hub off for 5 minutes using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Still same.. 

Could I just book an engineer for this please?

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

Thank you Mike, 

Is there anything else I can try while waiting for a staff? 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

You can try a pin hole / factory reset.

Do it exactly as this method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

Hi Mike 

I've tried but still not working.