Menu
DebPea
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connection keeps dropping

We have recently upgraded to the Hub 3.0.  We have no issues with the WiFi now but the desktop which is connected via an Ethernet cable keeps disconnecting.  It can happen every couple of minutes when trying to navigate websites / pages.

We either get a message saying

"Your connection was interrupted

A network change was detected

ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

Reload"

or

"No Internet

try checking the network cables, modem or router

reconnecting to wifi

running windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED"

These messages appear on a blank page then after a couple of seconds the websites / pages load.

In the bottom right hand corner the icon flashes between the monitor (hover over and it says Network 2 internet access) and grayed out WiFi quarter circle with a red cross (not connected - no connections are available).  I tried to copy and paste the messages I get but was unable to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?  I have spoken to VM who tell me nothing's amiss their end! They sent me a new Ethernet cable to try which I connected yesterday but the problem is still happening.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection keeps dropping

Hi DebPea, 

Thanks for your post, it's great to have you as part of the community. 

Really sorry that you're having some issues since upgrading to the Hub 3.0, this ins't what we like to hear. 

Is this still happening now? 

Have you tried rebooting the hub since this started happen? 

Does it only happen when connected via Ethernet?

Let us know if it's still an issue, we're keen to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
DebPea
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma_C

Still having problems.

Have rebooted hub a couple of times. Only happens with Ethernet cable which is new as when spoke to VM they wondered if that might be the problem - it's not.

Husband says his laptop has intermittent connection but I've not noticed it with other WiFi'd devices but then he works from home so is online a lot longer than I am on my laptop. Watching the desktop now the screen icon in the bottom right corner keeps alternating to the WiFi symbol with a red cross.

Be good to know if this is a problem or normal although I've not experienced anything like this before. Mind you before I was unable to connect my laptop and kindle to the WiFi which I'm now able to do with the new hub! This might be a case of you win some you loose some!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Deborah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deborah, 

Sorry to hear you're still having broadband issues.

I'll now go ahead and send you a PM to get some details, to run a few diagnostics 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
DebPea
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the replies so far. 

I'm still having problems but I may have worked out what's happening.  I think my computer is trying to connect to the Wi-Fi but I'm not sure if it has a Wi-Fi adapter.  Is there a way to stop the Hub trying to connect to the Wi-Fi and just stay connected via the Ethernet cable?  If this isn't what's happening them I'm at a loss 😞  It's getting very frustrating!

Look forward to some replies!

Deb

0 Kudos
Shazwalt
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, did you ever get it sorted out? I have exactly the same problem & have tried lots of things to try to solved it. I've reset winsock which apparently usually helps but it's done nothing

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shazwalt

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you are having connection issues. Has this been continuing since your post?

Can we check if the issue is when using a wired device? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DebPea
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Bizarrely the problem seems to have sorted itself out!  I had a fiddle with some of the internet settings (no idea which!) and have not had an issue for a good few days now.

Hope you get your problem sorted - it's so frustrating.

Deb

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating us DebPea and glad you managed to get it sorted.

@Shazwalt, how is your connection since you last posted? Please let us know if you're still experiencing problems so we can help.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Shazwalt
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having problems! I've been advised to buy a Netgear hub, but at £140, why should I have to when I'm already paying VM hundred of pounds a year for a service that should work! I'm really frustrated with it but don't know what else to do

0 Kudos