cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

Moonchild72
Joining in

Over the past few days my connection keeps dropping, restarted, reset router multiple times. Router is in the same clutter free space as its always been.

Done all the usual checks, run line test saying nothing is wrong when there clearly is.

Not paying for a service im not recieving!

Can someone look into this please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Moonchild72 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I have taken a look and I am not able to see any issues on our side that could be causing this. 

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 

Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First - if you havent - try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

Then see this
_________

Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

According to them there is no problems.

The service is abysmal

Tried everything checked router logs and can see all the drop outs.

Run line check they say all is good but its not, cant connext to internet but yet run line test on app says all is fine, doesnt work on phone, pc, tv.

Tried phoning, cant get through or they hang up.

Still waiting here for someone to reply 

Will def be moving service never had so many problems.

Thanks though 

I have probs on both ethernet and wifi.

I have even tried different channels in the router

Same problem is happening.

Hi there @Moonchild72 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I have taken a look and I am not able to see any issues on our side that could be causing this. 

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 

Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum

Hi Ashleigh

Thanks for replying

All connected devices have been disconnecting tv  phone, pc.

The errors on the log are 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM

NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4

Even while trying to post here   virgin pops up saying im offline and not connected to the internet.

Screenshot_20230320_192820_My Virgin Media.jpg

This has been going on weeks now 

How do I cancel my servixe.

I am done, response timea are ridiculous even on live chat they disconnect you

Not paying for a **bleep**ty service 

Everything about VM is a joke!! 

Still no response!@

vm should be aboided by anyoje of thinking taking a new contract 

Once service is on it constantly drops andd nothing gets sorted

No telephone answered

No chat responded too

No correspondence whatsover

AVOID AVOID AVOID 

Does no one take customers seriously???

Moonchild72
Joining in

1st complaint that has not been resolved 5 days in.

1.Over the past few days my connection keeps dropping, restarted, reset router multiple times. Router is in the same clutter free space as its always been.

Done all the usual checks, run line test saying nothing is wrong when there clearly is.

All connected devices have been disconnecting tv  phone, pc.

The errors on the log are 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM

NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4

Even while trying to post here  virgin pops up saying im offline and not connected to the internet.

2. Because of all the drop outs i opted to upgrade to the 250

I changed my mind as if the service is as bad on the 150 its not going to be much better.

So since the 21st I have tried to cancel the order via telephone and live chat, on the 23rd (upgrade date)  you still went ahead and upgraded and renewed my contract for another 2 years I am not amused at all!

7 agents on live chat have posted the same script, telling me they will look into the matter, there has been no response from any agent since aying they are looking into it. I have given all the information, passed security blah blah and because I had not replied each time within 10 minutes they out me back in the queue this is absolutrly shocking service.

But you make us wait hours for a response with no notification you have replied on love chat!.

I will not be paying another penny until this is resolved, you have breached my contract and I will seek further advice if this matter is not sorted asap.

I have all screen shots of chat, calls etc

Posting here is my last option you wont even reply on fb.