cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Exasperated4666
Joining in

I need tech support.

My WiFi is on and off all the time throughout the day. I can be sat next to the router and have no signal, this on any and all devices. Sometimes I've WiFi and no internet, regular like every day.
TV is fine, never an issue.
The self help is useless under these circumstances because when it works it works, restart, reboot, reset done the lot, check the cable everything. 
I'll be lucky if I get to the end of this submission without it dropping out.

I've had an engineer out about a year ago with exactly the same issues, two of them, said there was some issue with an imbalance in signals from the road(???), went to fix it but couldn't so changed the router anyway. 
They tried separating the 2.4 from the 5GHz, I use both, made no difference just confused the issue.

I have tried since, every route, to speak to Virgin with no success. All avenues are a recursive loop that leave me exasperated.
I've City Fibre banging on my door most days what does the team recommend? 

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Exasperated4666

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues with the connection. 

You do need a tech visit in as some of your downstream channels are out of spec.

I will send you a PM now to get this booked in

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John

Thanks for your input the other day, the service had been working well until the past two days. 

Now back to the same old, WiFi disappearing and WiFi with no internet. I'll keep an update on here.

Lost the lot again. Service checker agrees for once there is a problem.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 19.17.18.png

Hi Exasperated4666,

Thanks for updating us, sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with the connection again.

I've had a look at things from our side and it doesn't look like there are currently any area issues. 

How are things since you posted?

Alex_Rm