cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

blueflag
Tuning in

Hi

For over two weeks my Internet keeps dropping out and then coming back when it drops it will be maybe a minute or so and then it's back again,this not just a WiFi matter but affects the Internet on my pc. I have checked all cables, reboot router, turned the power off and still the same issues, every time I run a test there are no known issues in my area,  I decided to phone customer services and was told there was a short term connection issue with my Area,  the agent could not tell me when this problem had arisen??  And could only tell me that it should be fixed in 24hrs, I doubt that, I told her why does the virgin media checker tell me their are no known issues but somehow she tells me there is. I'm confused about all this 😕 

15 REPLIES 15

sorry im a bit of a newbie at this i am currently doing that broadband monitor thing you asked me to do and that has nearly finished collecting the data so once that is done i will post the image plus do the thing you asked with regards to turning the router off and on and checking for rs and t3 errors

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi blueflag

Thanks for posting and apologies for the connection issues. As it's been 24 hours and the issue isn't sorted, plus the showing of only one upstream channel when there should be 4, will require a tech visit. 

I'll send you a PM now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9232965d0230c10daaa5d905cac6e164fd67ea03-04-09-2021

this is a link to the broadband monitor page

Hi blueflag

Thanks for joining me on PM blueflag - just to update the thread, I've booked the technician visit in.

This can be tracked or altered in your online account 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @blueflag

This is a tech visit to the property yes. Please make sure posting publicly 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team