Menu
Cookie_Nottm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection issues (up and down) in NG7 since Mon 10th December 2018

I have seen connection issues in the NG7 area since Mon 10th December 2018, I have had the following outages:

Mon 10th Dec 17:27 - Tue 11th Dec 09:16

Tue 11th Dec 23:32 - Tue 11th Dec 23:45

Wed 12th Dec 07:29 - Wed 12th Dec 08:00

Wed 12th Dec 14:34 - Wed 12th Dec 16:08

Wed 12th Dec 18:15 - Wed 12th Dec 21:18

Thu 13th Dec 06:16 - Thu 13th Dec 10:00

I managed to check the service status page for the last outage and it was recorded as an outage, but no details about the others.

Does anyone have any information about the ongoing issues in the NG7 Nottingham area?

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection issues (up and down) in NG7 since Mon 10th December 2018

Hi Cookie_Nottm,

I've run a few checks on your service and it looks like your Hubs power levels may be part of the problem, being a bit on the low side. We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to get these checked out.

I'll drop you a Private Message so we can get this booked.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Cookie_Nottm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help Ralph. A very helpful engineer came out and agreed with your report on the problem, it seems that someone in the last year split the connection on the box for my property to feed a neighbour instead of doing a fresh pull and therefore degraded the signal which was already marginal. He has arranged for two re-pulls with higher grade cable.

What I forgot to ask him is do I need another engineer booking after the re-pull to connect the cable up, OR do the re-pull engineers connect the new cable and check everything is working in the property? Also do I continue to get service during the re-pull, or do they use the existing cable to help pull the new cable back through the duct work?

Thanks again Ralph!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cookie_Nottm, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see that the engineer was helpful. 

They will usually arrange a re-pull for you and get back in touch regarding it. 

Depending on what needs to be done will depend on what they will need to change. 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos