cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issue following maintenance in SW18

jal67
Tuning in

Hi,

Very grateful for any advice on whether there's a fix for the below or if I need to request an engineer (which will take 4 days, currently...)! From the logs, it looks like it's struggling to lock downstream/upstream channels.

There was scheduled maintenance in my area today, following which the Virgin website and phone line both now report no issues. However, although the TV is fine, the router keeps cycling through a reboot and then ends up with a solid green light and flashing green arrows.

Downstream

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

1202750000-2.440256 qam9

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked40.900

Upstream

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

Network Log

Time Priority Description

01/01/1970 00:19:12criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;MAC;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:19:12criticalUnicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;MAC;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:17:39criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;MAC;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:17:39criticalUnicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;MAC;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First thing is do this...
___________________-

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it first

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply, John. I've managed to solve it without an engineer! I spoke to the technical team on the phone, who suggested that whatever work had been done might have lowered the signal to a level where the router wasn't able to lock channels. They suggested I remove a 6dB attenuator that was added on installation and, instantly, this fixed the problem and everything is working fine now.

Hi jal67, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back in the Forums. 

I'm glad to hear that your issues have been resolved by speaking to the team. 

Hopefully things will remain stable and fault free for you now however if not and you do happen to have other issues, pop back and let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs