cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping when connecting to company VPN (Ethernet connected)

donnaayres1
Tuning in

Hi

I work from home and until Wednesday but internet connection had been really good and I was able to join Webex Calls / video calls with no issues eith working through my company VPN or not. 

From Thursday I have had a lot of issues with the connection dropping 10 times in a 30mins webex call. 

I dropped the VPN connection but continued to see issues just not as bad maybe every ten minutes or so it will drop for about 5/10 secs and the reconnects. 

I work connected via ethernet to give me the best connection and as I say was great until this week. 

I contacted my support desk at work and they run test but conformed it is not my lap top and it the issues are from the Virgin ISP end. Has anyone else seem similar or could advice of some changes? 

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @donnaayres1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment with your connection, are you still having the same issues at the moment or has it been resolved since you last posted?

Regards

Steven_L

Still having issue even with the WiFi pod they sent that flashes white even trying in about 5 different wall plugs 😩

Hi,

Have you checked to see if there is a service-affecting outage in your area?
You can call 0800 5610061 to see whether there are any problems in your locality.
There's usually more information available via phone than there is on the service status page.

It might be useful to see the status information from you SuperHub/Hub:

Pop http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your preferred web prowser. Find the 'Router Status' link and click that. (No need to sign in). Copy and paste the status/down stream/upstream information and logs as text into a reply here.

Thanks.

Hi donnaayres1 thanks for coming back to us.

Can you please advise if this is only impacting your work device/VPN or all aspects of WiFi?

Regards

Lee_R

It is the worst on VPN but bad across all. Today the light on the WiFi pod finally stopped blinking and I change the Ethernet cable to cat 6 as I was instructed but doing a 30 min meeting (not on vpn ) but connected via Ethernet dropped 6 times 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @donnaayres1,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your connection recently. Have you been able to reset your Hub to see if this can help with your connection issues?

Please take a look at our WiFi Pod Troubleshooting page to see if this can help with the WiFi Pod issues.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance. We'll be happy to help further if needed. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs