cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping out intermittently

Singh619
Joining in

Hi, my VM connection keeps dropping out intermittently, I've run the diagnostics which shows service is fine in the area, and all it does is reboot my router.

I've rebooted my router and hard-reset it with the pin, but issue still present.

Called up customer services, who told me to reset the router, then do a hard-reset. Then said they will call me back next week to see on the issue? 

Is there any team that could actually sort this out, rather than just a services of reboots and resets, and waiting around for days on end?

58 REPLIES 58

Still dropping in and out, issues still present 

Hi Singh619

I'll PM you now to book in another visit.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Singh619

Booked the tech visit as per my previous post.

Can be tracked here

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

engineer came out and checked a few things here and at the box down the road again. Still having intermittent drop outs, however just received a text message saying VM are carrying out essential works in the area tomorrow. Hopefully that might sort it out. Fingers crossed. 

Thank you for the update @Singh619.

Please let us know if the intermittent service persists after the essential works and we will do our best to further look into this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still having intermittent drop outs I’m afraid 

Hi Singh619, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. I'm sorry to hear that things are ongoing for you. 

Looking at the area, all work has been completed and nothing showing as ongoing for now. The Hub stats are showing a different story. There are a number of levels that need adjusting to bring back to optimal. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would need to arrange for another engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

As you've already had a few visits, I'm going to book a principle engineer instead so they can look deeper in to this to avoid the need for another engineer again. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath thanks for following up. I've replied to your PM with my details. please note i'm not available tomorrow for an engineer, but anytime after that is fine.

Hello Singh619

Kath is off this week 

Sorry for the delayed reply 

Did you manage to rearrange the visit 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

yes thanks, the tech came 30 mins ago.

In essence has changed the router from the superhub 3 to the superhub 4. I'm just in the process of logging into my devices with the new wifi name and password.

The tech has suggested that it will take about 24 hours until it stabilizes as its running updates etc. I will report back next week, but really hoping this sorts it.