Menu
vpabi
Tuning in
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping multiple times a day

I will try switching off the Smart Wifi Channel Optimisation first.
What shall I do about the Channels - manual or auto?

And for Channel width I am going to try 20MHz for 2.4GHz network and 20/40/80 for 5GHz and will report back after a few days.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Try auto first. If it doesnt help, analyse the wifi "environment" at the cameras locations with a wifi analyser app and choose one of the non-overlapping channels (1,6,11) that is showing as "clearest".

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
CodeJ3562
Joining in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have been having this same issue since the downtime in December, even now the internet isn't working. I tried calling up, but it required a stupid telephone password, that no one in the family knows of. Not even logging into the account can find it out. Anyways, I've had enough of it not working during the day or night. If it's not fixed in 3 days. I'll be cancelling the contract with virgin media, even been with them for a very long time, I feel you treat existing customers like dirt but giving new customers better deals. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi CodeJ3562,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your internet connection.

Are you having issues with both wired and wireless connections?

Can you check here to see if there are any known issues in your area. If there are no known issues, can you please click on sign in to test your service? This will run a further check on the account and equipment. 

When did you last do a reboot on the hub? If this hasn't been done in the last 24hrs, please can you reboot the hub and see if this helps improve things for you please?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
CodeJ3562
Joining in
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have rebooted it a dozen of times. IMG-20190216-WA0002.jpeg

The green light should be blue, everyday, has been like this every few minutes. I can't even use the internet for very long. The arrow up and down, always flashing green, servers to client. I just can't find an solution my end, it's due to your end. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi CodeJ3562,

Have the team gone through any diagnostics with you?
Is this affecting both wired and wireless connections?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
CodeJ3562
Joining in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I haven't spoken to anyone other than here, considering I have no idea what telephone password is. So answer to if anyone has diagnosed the issue is no. 

Yes, this is affecting wired and wireless, because of zero connectivity to virgin media. The arrows show I'm getting no signal from virgin media. How would I even connect wired or wireless without their signal reaching my hub... 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi CodeJ3562,

If you are the account holder, we can go through alternative security questions with you so we can pass security with you. 

To look into this further we would need some more details you. I will send you a PM with the details we would need. If you can reply with the required details, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
CodeJ3562
Joining in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes please, since internets still down, if you could pm the stuff I need and I can reply. 

0 Kudos