Menu
asif_ma
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Connection dropping multiple times a day

Hi all,

For the past seven months I have had issues with my connection. It drops out several times every day and the issue has only gotten worse. I have contacted VM about this issue before and they’ve sent around 5-6 engineers yet were still unable to resolve the issue. I have another engineer coming this Tuesday but I don’t think this is an issue they can fix. Does anyone here had any similar experience or know what to do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping multiple times a day

Hi asif_ma,

Thanks for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your service. Please let us know how the tech visit goes tomorrow and if it helps improve things for you, we can take a look into things further if needed.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Set up a free BQM - it monitors yor internet connection 24/7 and is useful data to show there is a problem (if there is)
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
asif_ma
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

The engineer came and said everything is fine within our household. Neighbouring houses are having the similar issues. He said the problem seems to be with the network team, which is causing these issues.

Not sure how this will be resolved. Seriously thinking of going to another provider if this continues.

Any help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know how things went with the tech appointment asif_ma.

What did the tech advise when they left?

Have you spoken to the team about this further since the tech visit?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
asif_ma
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey

thanks for the message. There was another visit by engineers yesterday. They have replaced the amplifier in the street box. Since then, there has not been a single drop. Previously it was almost every hour.

Hope the problem is solved.

Asif

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear Asif!

Thank you for the update, sounds like everything is going well for you.

If you need any help in future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
vpabi
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am having the same exact problems at my household. I have 2 laptops, 2 mobile phones connected to the 5GHz network and 2 cameras connected to the 2.4GHz network. The cameras are getting frequent signal issues going offline many times through the day, I have already tried contacting Nest support, they recommended me to separate the wi-fi connection into two separate SSID's, which I did. I did notice a more stable connection but I still go get random drops which is frustrating. Everything is fine on their end so I'm guessing it must be my network that is having these issues. The cameras are close to the router, and so are the computers - distance is not an issue here.

The past 2 weeks the signal is getting random drops even on my computers and phones. My main laptop is literally 2 meters away from the router and the signal is always 100% but it still randomly disconnects every once in a while. The issue seems to be exactly the same as OP posted, would it be possible to arrange an engineer visit to my house?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Not a good idea to tag onto a thread that may be solved, it often just gets overlooked, and no two issues are really identical, so best to start your own. However, if you didnt do this already.... go into the Hub settings and in "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation" tick box, save the changes then switch off the Hub and restart it. See if that helps stabilize the 2.4 connections. 

See Sephiroth's comment here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-3-0-wifi/td-p/3935585

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi vpabi,

Thanks for your post. Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your internet connection.

We would like to go through some diagnostics with you first if that's OK?

Can you check here to see if there are any known issues in your area. If there are no known issues, can you please click on sign in to test your service? This will run a further check on the account and equipment. 

Can you also confirm if you are using both wired and wireless connections please?

How long has this been going on for?

Wen did you last do a reboot on the hub? If this hasn't been done in the last 24hrs, please can you reboot the hub and see if this helps improve things for you please?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos