Menu
MarkTempini
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection dropping for 15 minutes twice every day

For the past few weeks, we've noticed that the connection to all our devices drops for around 15 minutes once or twice a day. The Hub shows no connection issue and the status says its working. However, I work from home so having this drop consistently throughout the day is incredibly irritating. Is there a solution to this or is it worth just switching provider?

I sent a complaint by email as I couldn't get through to the call centres for help by the time the issue resolves itself. The response I got was pretty insulting with the resolved action being "Education given". Where they ignored my issue and told me to phone about faults.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping for 15 minutes twice every day

Is this with wired or wireless connections, or both?  Try a wired (Ethernet) connection to narrow it down to Wi-Fi or cable network related.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
MarkTempini
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping for 15 minutes twice every day

Wireless, we have no devices using Ethernet cables due to where it was installed. I don't think we have any cables long enough either. I will give it a go but we wouldn't be using the cables going past testing (we have cats), if that makes sense.
0 Kudos