Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection and TV

Please please please can anyone help us?! I've tried to call but have to give up after waiting longer than I'm able to and I've tried the message facility but I'm not getting replies until hours or even the day later and by the time I see them asking if I still require help they've closed my messaging! It's frustrating!!

We keep losing WiFi connection (I ran 2 tests and it offered an engineer to come out. When I booked the appointment it said 'error' and wouldn't allow me to book) and a lot of the TV channels are too fuzzy to watch at all. We have a box in the upstairs bedroom that works perfect so it must be something to do with the box in the lounge. We're paying a ridiculous amount each month for this 'service' and close to giving up altogether and going elsewhere (our contract is up). Is there any way of getting an engineer out other than the routes I've tried as it's just not working! 

Please help!!

Thank you 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection and TV

Forget Wi-Fi for now.

You need to determine if you are getting a good broadband supply.

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you 

When the internet drops - both WiFi and wired connections drop. Using a wired PC we're unable to access the routers admin software 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alvernmill

Sorry to hear this is still happening 

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos