cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection - WiFi issues on some devices

Katie1976
Joining in

I have good connection on my mobile but my TV and ipad looses connection regularly and sometime the ipad won't even recognise the password. The TV drops connection and altho signal strength strong on phone TV won't  connect. Its driving me bonkers any advice appreciated! 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model do you have?

I assume you mean the TV connection to the internet and NOT via a VM TV box?

If you connect the TV to it on an ethernet cable - do you see the same thing - or is it all stable and fast? Just do it as a test to tell if its a wifi issue.

What mobile do you have - and are the connections all ok near the Hub and drop off as you get farther away? Is the Tv a long way from the Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

My hub model is 3.0. Yes it is TV connection to Internet, I have now connected it via ether net and its working no problem so shall keep it this way. The hub is located next to the TV. 

I have a Huawei mobile phone and generally connection is OK sometimes drops when I'm upstairs and the hub is in my lounge downstairs, I have a small 2 bedroom house so it's not a great distance away and my stairs are in the lounge so no corridor and not many walls or doors between the 2 areas .

The ipad recently has stopped connecting and keeps saying incorrect password altho I haven't changed it, could this be an issue with the ipad rather than the WiFi? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"sometime the ipad won't even recognise the password." I don't understand this. The iPad stores the network connections and you do not have to enter the password other than the first time you use that particular SSID. Are you having to select the SSID from the list every time you rejoin the network, it should be automatic. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I don't understand it either! I am having to reselect it and then it comes up with the message password not correct. I've just tried it again and now it's connected but this has happened before. I did have an extension network which it automatically selected before my main network but for some reason this has no Internet connection so I have just removed this from 'My Networks' on the ipad and that's when it connected no problem. I am now wondering if its something to do with the extension that was causing the issue.