cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Surface Pro Laptops

DimentionJumper
Tuning in

Hey all, hope you're well. Here's a curious one you may have come across before. 

I and my sister both have the Surface Pro 4/5 Laptop, of course, made by Microsoft. 

Before we recently upgraded to the Super Hub 5, which for the most part a lot of our devices connected to, no problem. However, the two Surface Books did not, my only assumption would be the drivers that the two Surface Books use. Which to my knowledge are the

'Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller'. 

Has the Super hub 5 got compatibility issues with this particular driver? If so, we know any fixes or work arounds? 

Regards

DJ

11 REPLIES 11

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

It’s an issue with the AX wifi on the hub.

Split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and the only workaround for now is to connect devices that won’t work to the slower 2.4Ghz band. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hey, thanks for the reply. 
;
Would doing such require logging into the Super hub 5 interface? 192.168.0.1 e.c.t.. 

If so, I also have issues with that, I go to log in using the correct settings on the bottom/side of the router (not the SSID and password). However when I press login, the button merely turns grey, and nothing loads. 

Regards. 

Yes.

Try a different browser/browsers

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just call in and tell them you want the old Hub back on your account (do you still have yours?) - as the Hub5 is not fit for your purpose.

It should never have been released to customers who are effectively beta testing it without them knowing that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the suggestion I managed to log in, I assume the changes would be from this screen to attempt to fix the issue? Which frequency is it the laptops are struggling to connect to? 

question.png

Yeah we do thanks, I suppose it would be the quickest and fastest option to sort the issues out. 

I tried requesting being turned back to the previous router and the rep at the time insisted that could not because it was we that requested it in the first place. 

Great help thanks Virgin Media. 

We'll just go for a different ISP, I'm not too much a fan of being removed around by ISP's giving out Beta Routers without saying anything to their customers. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Have you tried any of the suggested workarounds in this past topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Surface-Pro-4-not-working-with-SuperHub-5/m...

There have been other topics on here of customers being switched back to a previous hub when the hub 5 proved useless.

Do you still have the previous hub? If so you need to get that reactivated. If not call in your hub 5 as faulty and get a tech out to swap it for an earlier model.

Hi DimentionJumper, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with getting your laptops connected to your network. 

If splitting the bands hasn't worked and nothing on the link goslow sent has helped then the team can roll you back to your older Hub if wanted. 

It's not something we can do via the Community though so you would need to give the team another call on 0345 454 1111 for them to do this for you. 

If you are having any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs