Menu
JustinHill
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection Knocked out

Have gone from secured network to unsecured overnight. 5G connection no longer available. All devices in home (iPad,TV, XBox etc) have needed to be set up again including booster box that’s in use due to all being offline and unconnected this morning. Everything was fine and working when I retired for the night. I am not happy with being on an unsecured connection. Why is this? What’s going on? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Knocked out

Sorry to hear this JustinHill,

I've checked your connection for you and I can see that you're currently being affected by a fault within the area under the ticket reference F004843239, with a review set for 13 FEB 2018. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
JustinHill
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Knocked out

I posted this over a week ago and have since worked out the problem on my own after countless attempts to get an answer from a Virgin. The engineer at the end of the road must have done something at the box to disrupt my set up and connection. All devices in my house had unconnected from my WiFi and my Supe Hub 2 wasn’t functioning right. Fruitless efforts of getting any help form Virgin via this forum, online chat and Twitter ended up with me trying to find out why I was now on a unsecured network. I have since changed the settings on my Hub to WAP2, rebooted the hub and reset all devices in my home and that’s sorted out the problem. 2G is now secured and my 5G connection has reappeared. All Virgin had to do online via Twitter or any other messaging service was to say ‘check your Hub by signing in on your browser and make sure you’re set to WAP2 then reboot’ but they didn’t say that, in fact they said nothing apart from telling me someone will be in touch...which you have been...one entire week later. 

0 Kudos