cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues

PKumar
Joining in

Hi

For the past month or so, my internet connection has been dropping constantly. It's got to the point now where it's effecting my work.

Having a look through similar posts on this forum, it appears like a job for a Virgin Engineer, potential hardware fault.

I'm having constant packet loss...Total packet loss : 1229/2677 (45.9%)

Please see network logs below;

15/10/2021 00:09:39

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

15/10/2021 00:00:43

critical

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

14/10/2021 23:58:39

Warning!

Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

14/10/2021 23:58:34

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

14/10/2021 23:58:34

critical

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

14/10/2021 23:58:33

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

14/10/2021 23:58:33

critical

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

13/10/2021 20:14:37

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

11/10/2021 01:11:7

Error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/10/2021 21:50:7

critical

06/10/2021 23:53:28

Error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

06/10/2021 21:35:6

critical

06/10/2021 01:00:31

Warning!

25/09/2021 17:23:21

critical

25/09/2021 08:05:24

Warning!

25/09/2021 05:59:11

critical

25/09/2021 04:52:0

Error

21/09/2021 02:22:41

critical

Please can this be looked at as a matter of urgency? It seems to be impossible to try and book an engineer over the phone!

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PKumar

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of any broadband issues. Normally, the first thing to do is go to our status page and pop your postcode in. Any known local faults will be shown. If none listed, you'd then sign in to the service checker and run the fault test. The details to sign in and run the test are your My Virgin Media online account details. This should either resolve it, or advise of any faults specific to you. If none, you'd then be able to book a fault engineer if one was required. You could also call our status line on 0800 561 0061. 

A system check has been done today and no issues are showing. Further tests have been carried out, on your downstream power levels, a few are out of spec. This does need an engineer visit to the property. I shall send you a PM now, to get some details and to get this booked in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PKumar,

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. 

This can be tracked and/or altered in your online account

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

The engineer arrived today and made a few changes to minimise the power (which was too high) and changed the end of the cable (due to a spike somewhere). 

All seemed fine until 30mins after he'd left. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue. Now when the connection drops, it'll drop 2/3 times in a row and then reconnects.

Please can you advise?

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PKumar

Please do not send a PM unless requested too.

I am sorry to hear it's still ongoing. From checking the notes from the tech, they've advised if you can pop the router in router mode to see if still happens when you're using this, that would be the next step.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @PKumar

Thank you for the update on this 🙂

I am sorry that it is having the same issues still, can you tell me if you have tried doing a pinhole reset since you posted this?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Morning

I was advised to remove my Netgear router and just use the Virgin Superb. This seem to be ok for about a month.

But this morning, I am unable to connect any device over wifi. A wired connection seems to be fine. I have restarted the Virgin hub but it's still the same.

I have got full wifi signal strength on the devices I have tested on. Please check out the logs from my router, there seems to be an issue from DHCP?

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 07.49.08.png

I have uploaded the image again without MAC address.

Hi PKumar, 

Thanks for coming back and taking the time to update the thread. 

We're sorry to hear you're still having continued issues with your wireless connection. 

Taking a look at your account today, all is looking good. The power levels, signal levels and hub itself all are spot on and in the optimal ranges. The area network is also looking good. 

As the issues seem to be with the wireless connection, I would recommend using these links to optimise things: 

Wi-Fi hints and tips
Wi-Fi troubleshooting

Please keep us updated on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs