Menu
Mumkate
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connection Issues

My WiFi has been on and off for around 3 weeks now, last time it was a known fault of Virgins which took quite a while to fix resulting in me having to purchase more mobile data last month at the cost of £13. The WiFi has again currently gone off and there is a known fault in the area. I work from home occasionally and due to me having to use mobile data this is costing me money I simply don’t have. Can I get a reduction in a future bill for the money I have had to pay for extra data? Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Issues

Unlikely as compensation is only paid for total loss of service - see the link below.

Check for “known network faults”?
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos