Menu
keviano
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection Fault

Connection to internet continually dropping. This has been for a few weeks and as I work from home often due to disability this is far from a reliable service. I also pay for a 350mb connection speed but usually its a tenth of that 36mb. If Virgin Broadband doesn't have the capacity to deliver what it promises to be selling then it should release customers like me from contract so we can find a reliable provider.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Fault

Have you called it is as a fault. They will test your line as part of that.
Is it dropping both on wifi and ethernet cable connected devices ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
keviano
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, its been reported - many times.

The online "chat support" now says its a maintenance issue that will be resolved by 4th June!!

This isn't displayed on the "known issues" service status apparently because it's "unplanned" maintenance.

I'm a bit confused as to how something that will take to 4th June to resolve (if lucky) is somehow an "unknown issue" - the boggles at that logic.

I was also told last Sunday that an engineer would visit today, so took the day off work - that isn't happening either but no thought to inform me.

I think the only way other customers in the area can be informed of the problem Virgin is experiencing is by sending my chat transcript to the local media - am sure they'll find it as illuminating as I have.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah they always cancel tech visits if there is a "known" problem - makes sense - but not informing the customer of that fact - doesnt!
Another number to try if you havent already is the "Service Status" number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos