cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dropping intermittently

tucks
Joining in

Connection has been dropping all day intermittently (London).

Have reset absolutely everything and there is no issue in my setup (tested thoroughly) for both WiFi and wired connections.

The virgin media hub (using in modem mode) is reporting multiple critical warnings and signal loss every 5 mins or so in the hub. e.g..

WARNING:
RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=XXX;CMTS-MAC=XXX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

CRITICAL:
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=XXX;CMTS-MAC=XXX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

It's absolutely impossible to get through to someone at Virgin, so here I am posting on a forum.

Can someone from Virgin please ensure whatever fault is in the process of being fixed?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tucks, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you'e having with your connection. I've taken a closer look into it using your forum info, and can see the downstream power levels are out of spec and will require the attention of an engineer - if you get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) we'l; be able to get that arranged for you.

Tom