cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting wifi plugs

CarrieMc
Joining in

Iv bought kurvia smart wifi plugs but can’t connect with wifi as they need 2.4GHz? Anyone able to tell me in simple terms how to do this, I don’t have a clue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am aware that some devices have problems connecting to the hub when smart wifi is turn on, so lets get it turned off.

Login into the hub at http://192.168.0.1 using the details from the base of the hub on a sticker.

When in goto "Advanced Settings", "Wireless", then "Wireless Signal", place a tick in circle where it says "Disable Channel Optimization" and then click on "Apply Changes".

That should solve your problem with connecting to the hub.

Hub 3.0 2019-04-24 16-24-06.png

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am aware that some devices have problems connecting to the hub when smart wifi is turn on, so lets get it turned off.

Login into the hub at http://192.168.0.1 using the details from the base of the hub on a sticker.

When in goto "Advanced Settings", "Wireless", then "Wireless Signal", place a tick in circle where it says "Disable Channel Optimization" and then click on "Apply Changes".

That should solve your problem with connecting to the hub.

Hub 3.0 2019-04-24 16-24-06.png

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That’s great I’ll follow that. Thanks for your help 👍🏻

simmsy
Joining in
hi have read your reply to this thread can you tell me if this reply is as easy as you say to enable smart plugs to work on super hub 3

I now have a virgin hub 4

i have two Jomarto smart plugs which worked with Virgin hub 3 and also so off in-line smart switches and cannot connect them to the wifi

i have read previous answer and followed instructions through to ‘Wireless signal’ but there was no ‘Disable channel optimatization’ on the page.

I have tried to connect them by disabling the 5gHz frequency but no luck

any suggestions would be most welcome

thanks

Thank you for your post and I have just tried that. However, when selecting disable channel …etc it switches off my Alexas and they won’t connect to the internet. Confused and any further help would be appreciated  Hub 3.0 fitted yesterday 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bunting

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What WiFi devices are you using?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ahoy

Thank you. I'm using a combination of Meross plugs and Lohas light bulbs. I have fixed it however, using our friends advice above and changing the wifi to 2.4 ghz to connect them all then swapping back to the default. 

We're glad to hear that has all been sorted for you Bunting.

^Martin

Thank you so much for your answer! I was a little apprehensive about trying to connect a smart plug but your clear instructions made it simple and totally pain free. Cheers!