cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting printer after update

JacquiLou19
Tuning in

My Virgin landline was recently connected to the wifi - new router, new wifi code. Since then, I cannot get my HP Envy printer to connect with my laptop. Any advice would be welcome, I have been tearing my hair out going around in circles trying to reconnect! I can print from my mobile, but this is not always suitable. Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you connected the printer to the new hub WiFi network? The Hub3 will have a different VM1234567 name and password to connect the printer to. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

g0akc
Problem sorter

I doubt your landline connects to the WiFi - Virgin have been moving landlines to VoIP rather than copper pairs, but the phone line connection is wired, on the hub, on the VM side of it - not on the customer side or on wireless - in simpler terms landline phones plug into a wired socket on the hub.  The phone line should have no impact whatsoever on the WiFi, but getting a different model of hub likely will (as the chipset and drivers will be different).

• What hub did you have before?
  • What hub do you have now?

Also;

• Have you checked for updates on the printer manufacturers website, using the exact mode number?
  • What model of printer is it?
  • Do you know if the wireless bands were split before (separate 2.4 and 5GHz)?  Are they split now, or is there a single SSID (network name)?
  • You could try splitting the bands to see if that helps - giving each a different name in the hub settings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi there, thanks for responding.
Ah, okay, the hub could be the issue. Apologies, I am NOT technically minded, as you can probably gather!
Old hub was a Superhub 2AC
New one is Hub3.0
Printer is HP ENVY 5010 all in one, updates are all up to date.

You completely lost me with splitting bands and SSIDs, you may have to patronise me in order for me to understand!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you connected the printer to the new hub WiFi network? The Hub3 will have a different VM1234567 name and password to connect the printer to. 

I have done, thank you.

There are plenty of other threads on here with details about how to split the bands - different network names for each - have a look/do a search

most of it is shown here;

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-broadband

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi @JacquiLou19,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've had some issues recently with connecting your printer to your Wi-Fi network. I can see that members of the community have offered some advice in getting this sorted out for you. Let us know if this has resolved the issue or if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you - I still haven't had any luck. I'm totally confused!

Hi there - no such luck, I'm afraid. I have te aligned and cleaned the printer, in the van hope it was that. I'm totally confused!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always a good idea to maintain the printer but I don't think that will help with the network connection issue. 

Just to clarify did you manage to split the WiFi bands in the end?