cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting devices to new Hub 5

andreaoc
Tuning in

Hi, I have set up my new Hub 5 and while most devices have connected fine, a number haven't (ring doorbell, printer, Alexa echo are 3 I have found so far). I have checked previous posts and based on previous advice renamed my 2.4GHz band so I can connect them straight to that instead of 5GHz but still no joy.

Has anyone manage to connect older devices (printer is only 1 year old) or I am best giving up and buying a new doorbell and printer?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As @jbrennand says, or just get a cheap N300 wifi access point for the older kit.  Saves messing around with modem mode if your not comfortable with that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Would be cheaper to buy a good quality low price wifi router and just use the Hub in modem mode.  Using its wifi and not the Hub's, would solve this issue

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As @jbrennand says, or just get a cheap N300 wifi access point for the older kit.  Saves messing around with modem mode if your not comfortable with that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andreaoc
Tuning in

Thanks I'm not comfortable with messing around with the modem, is it straightforward to get a wifi router to attach and would I have to change the devices that have attached succesfully?

I did have a message from 'support' saying they had identified an issue and I would need an engineer and to send when I would be available, which I did, then I had another message telling me not to message their staff directly! and nothing since, is that normal??

Client62
Legend

This reads like the Hub 5 WiFi is not broadcasting or not accepting connections on the 2.4Ghz band.

Do you know how I could fix it?

Hi andreaoc,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issue you're having with the hub 5.

Do you have any devices that are able to connect to the 2.4GHZ connection? 

^Martin