Menu
Grogginss
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Connecting a laptop to hotspot

So I’ve been trying to connect my laptop to a hotspot. I have managed to get my phone connected to it but not my laptop

ive tried the vmedwifi\*my email* but it ask for additional information and I can’t figure it out can someone please help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting a laptop to hotspot

What version of windows does the laptop have since windows 7 has issues connecting to radius servers

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Grogginss
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is windowns 7 , is it possible to resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

could try https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-wlan/wlan.vigorap/how-to-set-up-windows-7-clients-not-to-validate... but doubtfull it works skip step 1 & 2

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Grogginss
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have done this but still not connecting , would I be correct by putting the username as vmedwifi\*myemail* ? if so when I do that it asks for credentials again

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

this should work ok on windows 10, windows 7 has troubles when connecting as said previously doubtful it will work.

0 Kudos
Grogginss
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Would it work if I was closer to the hotspot with a windows 7 computer and am I doing it correctly when doing vmedwifi\*my email* ??

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

closer will just cut down on possible dropped packets, and improve stability but not improve getting connected

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

windows 7 doesn't support radius. nothing you can do but upgrade to windows 8/10

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Grogginss
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok but I correct by trying to do it with username vmedwifi\*my email* and then my password?

0 Kudos