cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a laptop to hotspot

Grogginss
Joining in

So I’ve been trying to connect my laptop to a hotspot. I have managed to get my phone connected to it but not my laptop

ive tried the vmedwifi\*my email* but it ask for additional information and I can’t figure it out can someone please help me? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

this should work ok on windows 10, windows 7 has troubles when connecting as said previously doubtful it will work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

paultechy
Alessandro Volta

What version of windows does the laptop have since windows 7 has issues connecting to radius servers

It is windowns 7 , is it possible to resolve this problem?

I have done this but still not connecting , would I be correct by putting the username as vmedwifi\*myemail* ? if so when I do that it asks for credentials again

this should work ok on windows 10, windows 7 has troubles when connecting as said previously doubtful it will work.

Would it work if I was closer to the hotspot with a windows 7 computer and am I doing it correctly when doing vmedwifi\*my email* ??

closer will just cut down on possible dropped packets, and improve stability but not improve getting connected

Anonymous
Not applicable
windows 7 doesn't support radius. nothing you can do but upgrade to windows 8/10

Ok but I correct by trying to do it with username vmedwifi\*my email* and then my password?