Menu
LukeSweeney
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connecting TP-Link Deco

Hi,

I have a Hub 4 and a TiVo box. I noticed that the coverage in my home with the Hub 4 was not good enough so I got the TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh system. I have connected this up and WiFi is much better. However, I have had to change the Hub 4 to modem mode and thus I am not getting any network connection on the TiVo box; with error code N27. I have my TiVo box connected to Port 4 (bottom most port) and the main M4 connected to Port 1 (top port) on the TiVo. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting TP-Link Deco

So you need to get a switch connect that to the other port on the Deco M4 and TiVo box to switch.

Or connect the TiVo box to the other port of the Deco M4.

---------------------------------------------------------------
g0akc
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@LukeSweeney wrote:

Hi,

I have a Hub 4 and a TiVo box. I noticed that the coverage in my home with the Hub 4 was not good enough so I got the TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh system. I have connected this up and WiFi is much better. However, I have had to change the Hub 4 to modem mode and thus I am not getting any network connection on the TiVo box; with error code N27. I have my TiVo box connected to Port 4 (bottom most port) and the main M4 connected to Port 1 (top port) on the TiVo. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

If the hub is in modem mode only one port on the hub 4 will be working - connect the Tivo to a spare port on the Deco M4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-SG1005D-Desktop-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00ZOOJXEG/ref=sr_1_6?dchi... 

I use this with my Deco M5 system

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos