cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Router to HDU 200 splitter

ST96
Tuning in

i have just moved house and was sent a quick start kit to re connect my virgin router in the new home. However, I have found that there is a Technetrix HDU200 splitter being used in the home and for whatever reason when I try plug the router in to any of the 2 cables that are free it will not connect me to the internet. I can locate the router on devices no problem but can’t seem to actually get any pages to load. Would anyone have any knowledge of what needs to be done to get this working? Any help is much appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13

Okay so when I switch it on there is a red light on the plug but the actual HDU has a green light on it, silly question but out of the 2 remaining cables that are free how do I know which one should be going to the router?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ST96 wrote:

Okay so when I switch it on there is a red light on the plug but the actual HDU has a green light on it, silly question but out of the 2 remaining cables that are free how do I know which one should be going to the router?

In your 3rd photo at message #7, two of the connectors are close together on the HDU. Those are the outputs.

One of the two outputs should be marked as 'lifeline' which means it will work even if the power to the hub is off (it should be the connector nearest to the outside edge of the HDU unit). Try connecting the VM hub to that.

If you are not getting anything when connected direct to the Telewest box though, you may have no connection at all (maybe disconnected somewhere between your home and the cabinet in the street).

What are the lights on the front of the VM hub doing once you are connected up?

So I have tried that already with both outputs and neither worked. When the router is on it has the green wifi light but the main green light at the bottom of the flutter just flashes and gives no internet pages. I have a feeling you’re probs right about not having a connection to the home as nothing seems to be getting it to work.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ST96, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are not able to get the equipment connected via the set up in your home, we will do all we can to help. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat