cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Blink sync module issues

Crosby
On our wavelength

Up until the last week my Blink XT2 system has been operating fine connected via the sync module to my Hub 3 router. 

Last week my sync module disconnected and I can't get it back connected.

Blink have informed me that as the sync module only works on 2.4Ghz the dual band router could be the issue (it hasn't been before but lets go with that). I went into the router settings and turned off the 5Ghz broadcast band, making it 2.4 only.

I tried to set it up again but still the same issue can't connect to the Blink server.

A diagnostic test showed latency issues connecting to the Blink server, but my normal latency on via wifi is less than 10.

I can connect via mobile hotspot fine, so makes me think it is a hub issue / Virgin to Blink issue rather than Blink equipment.

Anyone else having this issue, anyone got any advice?

4 REPLIES 4

Biggriff8
Joining in

Hi did you ever solve this issue I have had virgin fitted today got the same problem changed it from 5 to 2.4 & still no look my blink module just goes red when trying to connect.

Broggie
Joining in

Hi, I have the exact same issue, did you find a way to resolve?

Hi I ended up deleting everything & starting again & it worked 1st time.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Biggriff8. 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm glad to hear you managed to resolve this, thanks for your advice. 

Could you please try the advise outlined here @Broggie @Crosby to see if this helps resolve the issue for you too? 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide