cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Asus gt ax6000 to VM HUB4

Jonesy909
Joining in

Hi, 

I have a Asus GT AX6000 router and I’m wanting to use it as my main router via my VM Hub5 in modem mode. After putting the HUB4 in modem mode and following the sequence of starting the router first letting it initialise then starting the hub4 I still get the same error of “Your ISP’s DHCP does not function properly” please can anyone advise. 

cheers 

30 REPLIES 30

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Jonesy909 wrote:

Hi, 

I have a Asus GT AX6000 router and I’m wanting to use it as my main router via my VM Hub5 in modem mode. After putting the HUB4 in modem mode and following the sequence of starting the router first letting it initialise then starting the hub4 I still get the same error of “Your ISP’s DHCP does not function properly” please can anyone advise. 

cheers 

Is the Asus the only device plugged into the HUB via Ethernet?

Reboot the HUB.

Stobbsy74
Superfast

In modem mode, I think the hub only outputs through 1 ethernet socket. Like the previous poster said, make sure the Asus is on and plugged into any socket on the hub, and reboot the hub whilst the Asus is on and plugged into the hub.

When it reboots it will sense which ethernet port is used and turn the connection via that port.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure you have the Hub4 in modem mode? LED should be green. Your own router must be in router mode, with the WAN set to DHCP not bridge mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
My Hub 4 LED is white.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

No it’s not from the hub 4 port 1 Ethernet I have a a cat8 cable into a QNAP QSW-2104-2T and then 5 Ethernet cables from the hub all cat8 into each room of my property one of which will have the ASUS router plugged into it. 

You've described 6 cables from the Hub 4, which only has 4 ports!

I'm in modem mode connected from Hub 4 Ethernet Port 1 to my ASUS router.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Only one port on any VM Hub is functional in modem mode - and that is the port you connect your router' wan port to. The others are all inactivated

Any other ethernet connections MUST come from your routers LAN ports or a GB Unmanaged switch with multiple ports connected to the router in order to feed your network

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

So to clarify. 

I have VM Hub 4 in modem mode and from that Hub 4 I have one Ethernet cable from Port 1 going into a switch which have 6 port on it. 
from the switch I have another 5 cables going to each room in my property, the cable that ends up in the living room has an Asus router connected too it. 

The Ethernet cable from the Hub MUST go into the WAN port of the ASUS Router. It MUST>