cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected without internet

JJim
Tuning in

Hi, we are having wifi connection problems with a number of different devices connecting to our Superhub 3.  The signal strength is generally strong however there will be an error message stating "connected without internet".

I tried checking for blackspots using the virgin connect app and it shows the WiFi coverage is great in all the rooms around the house. There are no issues with devices wired into the hub so it is only a WiFi issues.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this issues and of there was a solution other than getting a new hub?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

try splitting the wifi bands and turning off wifi optimisation

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony thanks for the reply.

The bands were allready split so I turned off wifi optimisation. Unfortunately this has not fixed the problem.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JJim

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I've had a quick check and everything is showing fine on our side, are you able to try the above to see if you get any improvement whatosever?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @JJim

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I've had a quick check and everything is showing fine on our side, are you able to try the above to see if you get any improvement whatosever?

Regards

hmmmm the suggestion that is referred to got the following answer from the OP

The bands were already split so I turned off wifi optimisation. Unfortunately this has not fixed the problem.

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Travis, I tried Tony's recommendations and unfortunately they did not fix the problem. Any suggestions on what I should do now?

Hi, online no connection can be caused by something that is connected to the hub.  I would do a 60second pinhole reset.  Turn off any boosters you may have and disconnect all ethernets.  Monitor it for a while and then plug 1 ethernet in at a time until it starts doing it again.

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Thank you for that information JJim. 

Can you confirm the make and model of devices that are having the issue?

Can you also confirm how many devices in total are connected to the hub?

^Martin